Monday, July 4, 2011

Hot at the Rockport Art Festival

Day 32:
(Writing the blog on day 34) The Art Festival is during July 2-3, the July forth weekend, which is a very big weekend here in the Rockport-Fulton area. For the past days and even weeks, people have been calling and calling to find out if there will be fireworks and if there are anymore hotel rooms in town. So on Saturday I went down to the Art Festival and volunteered from 12-3pm. It was Hot outside, well its been hot outside. Luckily, I was in an air conditioned tent selling beverages. People would come inside saying that they wanted to get inside the tubs of ice because it was so hot outside. I think i did good in the beverage station because I got 5 dollars in tips (which of course I didn't keep). After I was done with my shift I went to look around in the Art Show. I could not believe all the great art work that work there. There was all types
of art like painting, jewelry, and pottery among others. There were even some artist that were painting like the pic on the right. There was also very interesting pieces like sculptures shaped like robots

No comments:

Post a Comment