Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 2: the visitor center

So today, June 1, was day two in my so far wonderful internship in the Rockport-Fulton chamber of commerce. Today I got to see how a chamber of commerce visitor/call center works in a small town like Rockport Texas. At first I felt completely clueless and had no idea what to tell the people that came in and were calling. Fortunately, there were these wonderful ladies, the chamber of commerce "charmers", and I got to see and pick up some information from them on how to help the people visiting the chamber of commerce.
Most people wanted to know what do in the Rockport-Fulton area and I helped them get information on the Maritime Museum, The Bay Education center, and the Fulton Mansion among other thing (most of which I still haven't seen but looking forward to getting to know). Then some other people asked for directions which I am not really able to give being that I am not familiar to the Rockport Area, but luckily most people asked where the beach was and I was able to tell them that. It was a slow day for visitors in the chamber of commerce but it seemed like the rest of the people were very busy.

In some other news I got to skype with family back home and I miss them but I am still very glad i got to the opportunity to do this internship

No comments:

Post a Comment